1. USING INTERKNOTT
a. Who can use Interknott
You may use our Products only if you can form a binding contract with Interknott, and only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws. When you create your Interknott account, you must provide us with accurate and complete information. Any use or access by anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited. If you open an account on behalf of a company, organization, or other entity, then (a) "you" includes you and that entity, and (b) you represent and warrant that you are authorized to grant all permissions and licenses provided in these Terms and bind the entity to these Terms, and that you agree to these Terms on the entity's behalf. Some of our Products may be software that is downloaded to your computer, phone, tablet, or other device. You agree that we may automatically upgrade those Products, and these Terms will apply to such upgrades.
b. Our license to you
Subject to these Terms and our policies we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use our website and Products.
All intellectual property rights in the website and material and products on the website are owned by Interknott.
2. YOUR CONTENT
a. Posting content
Interknott allows you to post content, including but not limited to photos, comments, links, videos and other materials, for whatever purpose. Anything that you post or otherwise make available on our Products is referred to as "User Content." You retain all rights in, and are solely responsible for, the User Content you post to Interknott.
b. How Interknott and other users can use your content
You grant Interknott and its users a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, store, display, reproduce, re-tie, modify, create derivative works, perform, and distribute your User Content on Interknott solely for the purposes of operating, developing, providing, and using the Interknott Products. Nothing in these Terms shall restrict other legal rights Interknott may have to User Content, for example under other licenses. We reserve the right to remove or modify User Content for any reason, including User Content that we believe violates these Terms or our policies.
c. How long we keep your content
Following termination or deactivation of your account, or if you remove any User Content from Interknott, we may retain your User Content for a commercially reasonable period of time for backup, archival, or audit purposes. Furthermore, Interknott and its users may retain and continue to use, store, display, reproduce, re-tie, modify, create derivative works, perform, and distribute any of your User Content that other users have stored or shared through Interknott.
d. Feedback you provide
We value hearing from our users, and are always interested in learning about ways we can make Interknott more awesome. If you choose to submit comments, ideas or feedback, you agree that we are free to use them without any restriction or compensation to you. By accepting your submission, Interknott does not waive any rights to use similar or related Feedback previously known to Interknott, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
3. COPYRIGHT POLICY
Interknott has adopted and implemented the Interknott Copyright Policy in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. For more information, please read our Copyright Policy.
We care about the security of our users. While we work to protect the security of your content and account, Interknott cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. Please notify us immediately of any compromise or unauthorized use of your account.
5. THIRD-PARTY LINKS, SITES, AND SERVICES
Our Products may contain links to third-party websites, advertisers, services, special offers, or other events or activities that are not owned or controlled by Interknott. We do not endorse or assume any responsibility for any such third-party sites, information, materials, products, or services. If you access any third party website, service, or content from Interknott, you do so at your own risk and you agree that Interknott will have no liability arising from your use of or access to any third-party website, service, or content.
Interknott may terminate or suspend this license at any time, with or without cause or notice to you. Upon termination, you continue to be bound by Sections 2 and 6-12 of these Terms.
If you use our Products for commercial purposes in violation of Section 1(c), as determined in our sole and absolute discretion, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Interknott and its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, suits, proceedings, disputes, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees (including costs of defense of claims, suits or proceedings brought by third parties), in any way related to (a) your access to or use of our Products, (b) your User Content, or (c) your breach of any of these Terms.
The Products and all included content are provided on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.
INTERKNOTT SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
Interknott takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other user or third party posts or transmits using our Products. You understand and agree that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, objectionable, inappropriate for children, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INTERKNOTT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOOD-WILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM (A) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE PRODUCTS; (B) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE PRODUCTS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES; OR (C) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL INTERKNOTT’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THE PRODUCTS EXCEED RUPEES FIVE THOUSAND (RS. 5000/-).
10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND JURISDICTION
In case of any dispute or the interpretation of any of the terms and/or conditions contained herein, the dispute shall be referred to private Mediation by a sole mediator accredited or certified by any High Court of the Republic of India and appointed mutually by the Parties. In the event of failure to resolve the dispute through Mediation as set out above, you shall be at liberty to refer the same for arbitration by a sole arbitrator. Interknott shall suggest the names of three arbitrators and you may choose one among them and such person shall be the sole arbitrator, to whom the disputes shall stand referred. Such arbitration shall be conducted in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, as amended by the Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Act, 2015 or any statutory amendment or re-enactment thereof for the time being in force. The mediation or arbitration shall be conducted in English and the venue for the same shall be in Bangalore, India. These terms shall be governed by the laws of India. Subject to the foregoing, courts at Bangalore City shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Our products are controlled and operated from Bangalore, India and we make no representations that they are appropriate or available for use in other locations.
12. GENERAL TERMS
a. Notification Procedures and changes to these Terms.
Interknott reserves the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to you, and you agree to receive legal notices electronically if we so choose. We may revise these Terms from time to time and the most current version will always be posted on our website. If a revision, in our sole discretion, is material we will notify you. By continuing to access or use the Products after revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Products. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Interknott without restriction. Any attempted transfer or assignment in violation hereof shall be null and void.
c. Entire Agreement/Severability.
d. No Waiver. No waiver of any term of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and Interknott's failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
e. Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to Interknott’s other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, Interknott may take such action as Interknott deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
Thank you for using Interknott! We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have. Because we’re an internet company, some of the concepts below are a little technical, but we’ve tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way. We welcome your questions and comments on this policy.
What information do we collect?
We collect information in a few different ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, twines, comments, likes, the email address or phone number you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If you’re using Interknott on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook or Twitter account to Interknott, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (like your friends or contacts). The information we get from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
2. We also get technical information when you use our products
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our products. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
• Log data. When you use Interknott, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited that had Interknott features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Interknott, and cookie data.
• Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using Interknott on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
3. Our partners and advertisers may share information with us
We may get information about you and your activity off Interknott from advertisers, partners and other third parties we work with. For example:
• Some websites or apps use Interknott features like our “Tie it” button. If so, we may collect log information (described above) from those sites or apps.
• Online advertisers typically share information with the websites or apps where they run ads to measure and/or improve those ads. We also receive this information, which may include information like whether clicks on ads led to purchases or a list of criteria to use in targeting ads.
How do we use the information we collect?/
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect Interknott and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including:
• Suggesting Twines or Knotts you might like. For example, if you’ve indicated that you’re interested in cooking or visited recipe websites that have Interknott features, we may suggest food-related Twines, Knotts, or people that we think you might like.
• Showing you ads you might be interested in.
We also use the information we collect to:
• Send you updates (such as when certain activity, like twines are added to knotts, comments, etc. happens on Interknott), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, we may send you weekly updates that include Twines you may like. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
• Help your friends and contacts find you on Interknott. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on Interknott when they first sign up for Interknott. Or, we may allow people to search for your account on Interknott using your email address.
• Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever Interknott does business, including countries outside your own.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a Interknott account, many of the choices you have on Interknott are built directly into the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
• Access and change information in your profile page at any time, choose whether your profile page is available to search engines, or choose whether others can find your Interknott account using your email address.
• Link or unlink your Interknott account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook or Twitter).
• Create or be added to a secret knott. Secret knotts are visible to you and other participants in the knott, and any participant may choose to make the contents of the knott available to anyone else. For example, another participant may invite someone else to the knott, make the knott available to an app they use to view Interknott, or even just take an image from the knott and email it to their friends.
• Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it and remove your twines and knotts from Interknott. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Interknott. For example:
• The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage.
• Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
How and when do we share information?
Anyone can see the public Knotts and Twines you create, and the profile information you give us. We may also make this public information available through what are called “APIs” (basically a technical way to share information quickly). For example, a partner might use a Interknott API to study what their most popular Twines are or how their Twiness are being shared on Interknott. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
• When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook or Twitter) when you’ve chosen to link to your Interknott account to those services or publish your activity on Interknott to them. For example, you can choose to publish your Twines to Facebook or Twitter.
• Online advertisers typically use third party companies to audit the delivery and performance of their ads on websites and apps. We also allow these companies to collect this information on Interknott.
• If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Interknott; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
• We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners, advertisers, or others. For example, we may tell an advertiser on Interknott how many people retied something they shared, or the percentage of people who click on a Twine after viewing it.
Our policy on children’s information
Interknott is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Interknott after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent as required by law.